One of the hardest things about being gone for so long is what happens at home without you there. I was very saddened upon hearing about the death of my Grandpa John, which happened last Tuesday morning. Apparently he had been going downhill for a few weeks before that, and suffering from dementia more and more in the last months. Unfortunately this followed my other Grandpa’s (Bill) death by only a few months. I am aware that I am at that age where people typically start losing their grandparents and that it was definitely both of their times to go, but loss is never an easy thing to deal with. I have to say that being away from home and my family during this time is very difficult, and I find myself constantly thinking about everyone, and wishing I could be with the family during this time.
One thing that’s for sure is that it really was his time. I wasn’t around for the worst of his mental state but from what I’ve heard it didn’t seem like his quality of life was very good. I am thankful that my last memories of him are very positive and that he still knew who I was. Hopefully he’s in a better place now and we can all be assured that he isn’t suffering anymore!
This post is just to let the Mayer family know that I’m thinking of you guys all the time and really wish I could be there for his funeral tomorrow! I hope that I am still there in spirit. R.I.P. Grandpa John!
On Refusing to Vote for Bloomberg
6 years ago

Hi Kristin,
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry to hear about your loss! My grandma died during PST and it really shattered me. It's so hard to be away from everyone during times like this. Be well. xo
liz